Sunday, July 1, 2007

Sunday Morning Peruse

Here I am in Beautiful So. Lake Tahoe, checking out the fire damage. I am glad to say that it didn't harm my vacation rental, but there sure are a whole lot of people hurting here. I made a donation to the Locals for Locals Angora Fire Fund. When we went through the '89 earthquake, there were lots of things needed that the major relief organizations just didn't cover. 100% of this money goes to the people of the community, $0.00 goes to administrative costs. If you would like to contribute, send checks to:

Locals For Locals Angora Fire Fund
U.S. Bank
Attn: Jenny Domingo
P.O. Box 17640
South Lake Tahoe, CA 96151

On to other stuff. I was reading my Bloglines favorites this morning and came across this terrific search site for science videos. ScienceHack searches YouTube, Google Videos and Metacafe. Each of the videos is screened by a scientist or engineer for accuracy and quality. I watched a cool video on volcanoes and another called "What is a vacuum?". I tagged ScienceHack in my del.icio.us account.

2 comments:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Yes, the Tahoe fire is so, so sad.

How would you use "Science Hack" to support the curriculum -- please share your ideas on our wiki at http://calcurriculum.pbwiki.com/

Leslie said...

Glad to hear your Tahoe place is OK. I've also added you to my del.icio.us network to see the value of sharing links. You have some interesting ones... hmm, it's becoming clearer now.