Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to work I go.

Well, it's back to work in the morning. I am really excited to be returning. I have so many new ideas for this year. The beginning of a new school year is like a fresh piece of paper with nothing written upon it. It has the potential to be a masterpiece or just another crumpled wad in the waste can. I like new beginnings; there will be new teachers, new students, new stuff and so many opportunities for learning. It will be good to touch base with all my old favorites, see how the students have grown over the summer, find out what the staff did.

New School Year Resolutions:
This year I will not expect any "ease into the program". I will anticipate a full schedule from day one. I will make time for myself! I will ask for help. I will accept help graciously and not be overly critical. I will continue to blog.

I hope I get some sleep tonight!

4 comments:

librarymum said...

What encouraging words you have written as an example for all of us with your goals for the new year! I still have a few more weeks before I go back, but I want to take your words with me. I know your year will be great!

Janet
(a.k.a. librarymum)

Katie Williams said...

I, too, applaud your enthusiasm. I also love the little widget with the Alabama song...do tell how you did that please!

I will continue to follow your blog...your students are lucky!!

Katie Williams said...

Hi again,

When I selected my librarything widget style I picked "small book covers" and I picked "style 1". I didn't really know what I was doing at the time, but I suspect that is where you need to go to make a change. If you have trouble changing yours, I can send you the html text of mine so you can compare.

I will keep blogging!!

rob said...

Taking time for yourself is the greatest challenge for all of us in the library world. Have a great year and let's stay connected with our blogs!
Rob @ robdarrow.wordpress.com