Monday, April 21, 2008

Cutting Remarks


Things have been hectic, to say the least. Last month we, the Library Media Technicians of the Pajaro Valley Unified School District, were notified that due to the necessity of producing a balanced budget, libraries may be cut next year.
Oh, pardon me, as one administrator pointed out to me, libraries will not be cut, just Library Media Technicians. The books, after all, will still be there. Not for long, I say!

It's not a done deal yet, we have one more board meeting, which we are all planning to attend. Hundreds of small children, stunned by the possibility of not getting the latest installment of the Clique series, are writing letters to the board. Petitions are circulating, in short, it's an all out effort to prove our worth.

My principal is pretty positive that the decision will go our way, but you never know. I know I am trying to write my best three minute speech, trying to sound professional (para-professional?). Fortunately, I am talking about my passion. Reading, and getting students enthused about reading. I just hope I can convince the adults on the board that reading is still relevent! Inconceivable!


Will I have a job next year? Stay tuned!




1 comment:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

We will be cheering for you. Best wishes. Times are crazy.